Thursday, August 27, 2009

Know when to walk away!


Yesterday I drove alot of miles to look at a Scotty for sale. All I can say is ebay photos lie and seller's sugar coat there info. The guy said it needs work. He should of said it's junk and that's why I'm not restoring it. The skin had so some much corrosion, I could of put my finger thur it! He said it had only one bad corner and the roof had water damage. He didn't say the sidewall and floor was shot. I said to the guy its to fare gone for me to save.
Sometime its hard to say no.
I'm glad I can walk away!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ace,

    I hope the guy does not screw your ebay feedback. He seems to have an attitude in the relist. I remember Frank telling me about one he had to walk away from... the guy said "but I thought you guys can just fix these trailers like new" .. as though it did not matter how bad it was. Hope you had some enjoyment from the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, was this in NY? I looked at one of these from ebay in my back yard and it looked just like this one. Yes, I learned the same way you did that photos lie tremendously. I've looked at 4 scottys this year and basically gave up on finding a 15' Goucho or a Highlander in restorable condition. Maybe next year. Sorry to hear you had troubles and your scottyport is FANTASTIC! We have a 67 13' Tonga so I hope to make it to a rally next year!

    ReplyDelete