Monday, November 23, 2009

I'll Fly, Drive, Walk! What Ever It take to Save a Scotty





I'll Fly, Drive, Walk! What Ever It takes to Save a Scotty.

My good Scotty friend Rose offered me some window parts and skin for my Scotty project.

She lives about 100 miles from my house. My plan was to fly there in my plane. I got the weather. The winds were calm and it was little cloudy. Here I am ready for take-off.





As I flow east passing over the Laurel Ridges at around 5000 ft. I had a smooth ride. After passing the ridges I started seeing a thicker deck of lower clouds. Well you may see were this is going. Well I ended up in the soup. I was fogged in. I was unable to land at my destination it was below minimums. Well all must of turned out OK. I'm blogging this. I had lots of fuel to get to another airport. I called ATC and requested a cleaence back to my airport. I climbed to 7000 ft and final broke out on the top of the clouds. Heading back west the fog broke up and I landed back home safe.


Well here is Rose. I ended up driving to Somerset PA to meet her.
We had lunch and talked vintage trailers for a good hour.
Thanks you Rose for the parts.



No comments:

Post a Comment