Friday, November 20, 2009

The Work Has Begun




I started working on my new Scotty. Its seen some hard times. I removed the lower skin. The side wall has come loose at the bottom. The side wall bottom is dry rotted.
I'm going to reinforce the floor and wall and reattached them.


In this photo you can see the ground from inside the trailer.


This is the bad area in the roof, See the roof seam. I have removed all the nails, stapeles and bad wood. I need to replace the roof supports. Then I can repair the ceiling.




This is the gauge of progress.








2 comments:

  1. Hey Ace - looks like you've got yourself a nice project. Can't say that Mabel and I are envious though, as we draw to a close on our year-long Rear Door Scotty rebuild!

    Can't wait to see what you've got in mind for this one though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just tuning in to your blog - great stuff! I'm currently restoring a '52 Honorbuilt Romer (my 2nd restoration) and it is truely a labor of love ... and very addicting! I look forward to following your progress.
    Kathy
    www.timewarptrailers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete